It’s important to feel comfortable in your therapist’s presence, and to feel safe doing the work. You should feel like you can trust them to be accepting and nonjudgmental about everything you share and every question you ask. If the match between you and your therapist doesn’t feel right to you, you can always try a different therapist.
How do I get reimbursed?
If you have private insurance, I can give you a bill with the necessary codes to submit to your insurance company. Each person’s policy is different. Your insurance company may reimburse you for a portion of your psychotherapy fee from out of network providers. If you have Medicare, they will pay me directly 80% of my fee for psychotherapy. If you have a secondary private insurance, they will pay me directly for the other 20%, which is the copay amount.
What is your fee?
$180 per session.
Do you have a sliding scale?
Under a limited set of circumstances I would consider sliding my fee, with a maximum reduction of 15%. I’m happy to discuss your financial circumstances in detail before making that decision.
How often do I need to meet with you?
We should meet no less than once a week in order to truly do the work, and it’s an option to meet more often.
Where are you located?
My office is off Telegraph Avenue on Ward Street in Berkeley.
Where can I park?
There is one- and two-hour street parking in front of the building.
Can I take BART?
Yes. My office is just under one mile from the Ashby BART station, and just over one mile from the downtown Berkeley BART station.